Mysterious and majestic, noisy and fabulously beautiful Istanbul is a bridge between Europe and Asia, between the traditional East and the modern West. Throughout its rich history, he managed to change several names and visit the capital of four empires: Roman and Byzantine, Ottoman and Latin.
- With a population of over 15 million people, Istanbul is one of the most populated cities in the world
- Istanbul is the largest city in Turkey, but not its capital
- almost 20% of the Turkish population lives in Istanbul, that is, every fifth
- Istanbul Tunel underground funicular was built in 1875. It is the third oldest subway in the world
- the largest market in the world, the Grand Bazaar, is located in Istanbul - there are 61 shopping streets and more than 45,000 shops
- Istanbul is a city of cats. Thousands, if not tens of thousands, of cats live comfortably on the streets